Thursday, October 19, 2006

Got to Get Moving

Writing is hard. Big shock there, huh? As I sit in Starbucks typing away on my 'top, I am constantly faced with my 'inner voice' telling me to reconsider what I'm putting down on the page. This voice can be a big help at times, but it tends to get in the way of what I'm trying to accomplish. The offspring of this voice is procrastination. It's bad enough having to deal with coming up with, one, a viable story to tell, two, making the story entertaining, and three, making the story 'work'.

I have that pitch thing in November and I'm working pretty hard to get focused with it. I remember saying to myself once that I had 2 months to get prepared. That was a month ago. So the pressure is on. Going in with very low expectations. The chances of getting anything sold, as an inexperienced writer, are very minimal. But... The plan is the possibility of getting some feedback from some of the agents that are scheduled to be there. So the best-case scenario is to get four or five scripts together to showcase, giving a sense of the way I write and hopefully projecting my ability in the process.

I can barely sleep thinking of all the work that must be done. But sleep was never much of an option if you chose to be a writer anyway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Unk said...

LOL. I feel your pain... Or is it pleasure? Sometimes I can't tell.

Thanks for the link and I got yours up on my blogroll...

Unk

5:21 AM  
Blogger Cec said...

Congrats for being my very 'posting' visitor. No prizes to give out unfortunately.

Thanks for the link. Great blog you have there...

Cec

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home