Sunday, November 19, 2006

So much for my pitch....

Well, that wraps it up for the final day of the 'I Can Pitch' event. I have to say it was a great experience, seeing that I've never been at such an event before. I met some great people and I hope to keep in contact with them which serves the purpose of such an event. Networking can be tough sometimes, as you meet people and get really energized about it, but then you get caught up with your life again and you don't build on those new friendships. It's unfortunate, but it happens to the best of us. Especially me.

But I've been turning the leaf over lately with that sort of thing and I vow to continue it with the contacts I've made this weekend. I wish these type of events were on more often, but it's a bit naive of me to think that they don't because there are so many industry related organizations out there (writer's groups, WGA, film clubs and so forth) that have networking oportunities. So you have to get out there and find them.

As for my pitch? Well, it sort of didn't really happen. Here's why. They lined us up to be rolled in to this room filled with all the produces and agents. I go in there and I had trouble finding the person I was pitching to, Tom McGillis of Fresh Animation. When we finally sit down and introduce ourselves I went into this long-winded intro about the escence of my idea, and then I heard a buzzer. Time was up. There was my pitch. Luckily I had a couple leave-behinds, but I definitely dropped the ball on this one; but hey, it's a learning experience. Tom seemed like a nice guy.

On to the next pitch.... whenever that may be.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Unk said...

So NOW you know... Lesson learned.

Good luck next time around!

Unk

12:57 PM  
Blogger Cec said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Unfortunately my follow-up to the person I pitched to didn't draw any further interest. But I'm still pushing onward to get it all together. It's the only option...

Take care.

Cec

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it up bro!

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home